domingo, 1 de diciembre de 2013

FAIRY TALE CHARACTER


Hi all friends again,

Today I have decided to speak about the creation of the fairy tale characters of Raquel´s seminar and I must say, that from the first moment I was very surprised with this activity because it is not anything we usually do and it offers a completely new and different dynamic, leaving total freedom for imagination and fantasy ... I love it!!

We started working on the seminar on some fairy characters and saying those characters who we would like to become if we had the chance. To continue, we were analyzing the different characteristics of some fairy tale characters to begin to familiarize us with the vocabulary and finally we started to do the activity: at first I was invaded by many questions about how I wanted to create my character, because I had many ideas about how to create it and I had many characters on my mind to build on them and it took me a long time to decide myself. First I started filling out some features of the character as I would like them to be, such as the context, appearance, personality, thoughts and feelings and goals. When I completed this list I had a clearer idea of ​​how I wanted my character to be, as well as their appearance and at the end I decided basing my character on one of my favorite movie characters: Conan.

I really think this is a great activity for doing with children in order to them can strengthen their imagination inventing a new character with total freedom, with the aim of improving their creativity with the help of the ICT in classroom, developing the digital competences. Also, I think is an activity that motivates to the students because they work in a funny way the content, while they develop their language skills and learn new and useful vocabulary.

In my opinion, I think it is very important to allow the children to develop their imagination in order to have an open mind and perform this type of activities frequently because they are very useful for developing his literacy competence.

3 comentarios:

  1. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi Kike,

    This post I find it very interesting, because you're talking about an activity that we developed in class, and we were quite surprised, because it is very entertaining, different and fun, and totally innovative.
    In this case, I was totally unaware that we could do these activities through these Internet applications, because they are very creative and are perfectly suited to the age of the students that we can direct in the future as teachers.

    The first idea to start thinking about appearance, personality, feelings, thoughts ... of the character was very good because in this way, you know from the beginning how you want to identify yourself to your created character. The teacher, in this case, said that the character could have the similar characteristics to ours or be entirely invented, so the imagination and creativity in students is also working.

    Finally, I strongly agree with you that this type of activitythe use of TICs is encouraged, related to digital skills ,as well as, being a motivating work for students, where they learn to use the computer, new vocabulary is learned , and other skills.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. It is great to know that you enjoyed the seminar activity and what's more... you considered the didactic values of using it in class. As you have said, creating a character demands for careful thinking of his/her features (not only physical but also psychological). In the case of the character card we were using, you were also 'forced' to look into the plot. There are many ways of adapting the activity to make it easier or more complext. Great job, Kike.

    ResponderEliminar